Salmo is within reach of several excellent educational facilities. Besides Salmo Secondary School and Salmo Elementary School, Salmo is home to an excellent Public Library and Museum. In addition Salmo, offers excellent early learning opportunities at the Salmo Childrens Centre. The community also boasts it's own radio station, CFAD 91.1 FM, where community members have access to training and experience in the radio broadcast field, plus an excellent recording studio, rehearsal space at the Around Back Music Studio.
There are a variety of opportunities for pre & post secondary education within a half hour drive of Salmo as well:
- Selkirk College has campuses in Castlegar, Trail & Nelson offering a variety of programs including International Education, upgrading, trades, University Transfer, Computer Information, Forestry, Aviation and more.
- The Kootenay School of the Arts is located half an hour from Salmo in Nelson, B.C. The School offers three year diplomas in Art and Design providing "students with the knowledge and skills they will need to become independent, working artists and craftspeople."
- Procare Institute - Founded in 1987, ProCare Institute has become well-respected as a training institution in the health care sector.
- Nelson Christian Community School - NCCS is registered with the B.C. Ministry of Education and follows the B.C. curriculum guidelines. It is operated by the Nelson Christian School Society.
- Nelson Waldorf School - Since 1983, the Nelson Waldorf School has been providing Waldorf education to children of the West Kootenay area. As a full Kindergarten to Grade Eight school, it offers a comprehensive curriculum of academic rigour, artistic excellence, and ethical development.
For more information about our Schools or other schools in the district see the School District No. 8 (Kootenay Lake) Web Site. Our School District also offers Distance Education Courses through the Distance Education School of the Kootenay's